Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween Festivities!

So as you all know (or should know about me) I am huge on the holidays. It's questionable that someone else in the whole world could be more festive than I...not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...but REGARDLESS, I am what I am. So I've been trying to find ways to bring out my so called "holiday cheer" ;) I've been excited for this time of year since July so I can't shove my point quite enough when it comes to how excited I am for the holidays :) My mother sent me a Halloween package the other week, so now my dorm is all decorated with creepy eye lights and candle smells and hot chocolate (even though I'm sugar intolerant) That's okay, it's like my pumpkin pie theory if you've ever heard it. It's this theory I have about how I enjoy pumpkin pie (or hot chocolate in this case) just being in the room. The fact that someone is enjoying it for me is what I love. Like at christmas when people eat cookies and drink hot cocoa on Christmas Eve. It's the fact that someone is enjoying themselves, it's so contagious. But yes she sent me hot cocoa so I could enjoy others enjoying it haha. She also sent me some other cute little cheery items. Tonight my lifelong primary best friend Lauren and I made Caramel Apple Pie covered Apples, along with Reese's Pieces Caramel covered Apples. I didn't taste them, but from what I smelled they were obviously delightful. I had a blast with her melting gourmet chocolates and prepping apples. It's nice to get into the spirit of fall, especially with people that you love. We made the apples for some guy friends of ours and "ghosted" them. It's like the 12 days of Christmas where you ding dong ditch the people and leave them treats; so they don't know it was us :) SO SHH! We gave the rest of them to our roommates after a while of the longing glances over at us haha I figured they deserved some :) Anywho I thought I ought to just post a little something on the Halloween/Fall season. I'll probably post my cute fall boots sometime later this week :) Stay classy friends.


I also went to Frightmares at Lagoon with my Mom, Stepdad, Stepsister, Sister, Brother-in-Law, and my boy Colton. It was a blast with all of them. It was like a big date night for all of us adults. There was a full moon that night and there were people dressed up in costumes running around scaring people. Everything felt perfect and fall-like. I'm sure going to miss this boy. He's been a strength to me ever since my brother died in January. He's been my best friend, and he leaves for his mission January 30th so we've got some time, but I'm sure going to miss him. I'll update all of you on what I plan on doing in the near future :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment