Monday, November 19, 2012

Hashimoto's Progress

So I was blessed enough to get some more information on healing my body this week, and especially stabilizing my thyroid gland!! My brother in law Dave's sister is staying with us this week, and she just so happens to be an herbalist. Herbalism is an alternative form of medical practice, it's instead of being and MD (Medical Doctor) you're an ND (Natural Doctor.) This is the type of medical practice I would like to do someday. Laura and I got to talk about the different medical schools I could go to, to become an ND :) Anyway, she was telling me about an allergy test I could take that tells you not only what food you are allergic to but what foods you are INTOLERANT to!!! OH MY GOODNESS! For those of you that don't know how significant this is to me will soon know why! My disease, Hashimoto's disease is an endocrine based disease where your whole endocrine system is messed up and this is due to inflammation in the gut. the inflammation in the gut is caused by diet based foods. THUS!!! figuring out what foods inflame my gut will help stabilize my disease! This is just the cherry on top of all the information I have been collecting this past year. I have been receiving little pieces to my puzzle this past year and I can't help but feel overly blessed. She also told me about this herbal tea called tulsi tea. It's supposedly supposed to help even more with the healing process of the endocrine system so I'm overly excited about all this new information I've received. I'm going to take the test tomorrow, and I'll let everyone know how it goes :)

1 comment: